Monday, April 5, 2010

Part I: Aquaman Stinks (An Introduction to a Future Thought)

I wanted to write a very snarky blog about Aquaman, but I just don't have the time.

I was recently in an "argument" with someone about Aquaman. I brought him up because said person was talking about being able to see in the dark, and I was pretty convinced that was one of Aquaman's super powers.

Needless to say, I was scoffed at liberally and told that I was wrong and eventually that "Aquaman stinks." I am not sure if originally this comment was meant as a commentary on his actual smell or an expression of his lameness as a superhero, but the former concept was definitely where the discussion veered afterwards. You try being in the ocean for over 50 years and see how great you smell. The ocean just isn't as clean as it used to be, folks. Couple that with a diet probably consisting of brine shrimp and other seafood, and you get something pretty fishy and wet-smelling. You are what you eat, after all.

Photobucket

What I want to say is that I found out, thanks to a brief skim through Wikipedia, that I was right about in-the-dark-seeing as being one of Aquaman's abilities. So all that chastising was truly for nothing. I guess I retain even more useless information than even I expected. It's fun to be right sometimes, even if briefly; it doesn't happen often, so I try to enjoy it, even when it's about the little things.

I want to do some investigative reporting to find out more about Aquaman and write about it later, but, there's work to do.

You can clearly expect some pretty exciting things from me in the future.

No comments: